Saturday, May 17, 2008

They say that time heals all wounds. I like to believe that, and in the past, it has always proven to be true.
Yet with this heartbreak, nothing seems to help.
As you're set to marry another tomorrow, I can't control my memories of Victoria Day weekends passed.
My mind keeps returning to exactly 3 years ago, to the weekend where I thought I had finally won your heart and then actually lost it. A moment where I thought we would finally be a couple was overshadowed by your uncertainty. And then it culminated with your telling me that our time together was over. Your actions spoke louder than your words that weekend, and I can still hear your empty reply of "I don't know" to my question "what is it that you like about me?" In the silence of the night, that scene replays over and over to me, like a nightmare that I can't escape.
I keep thinking of how it was exactly 2 years ago when I saw you last. Our last moment together, where you dropped me off without saying anything and as I climbed my front stairs, I looked back to the car in, what is now, my final attempt to win your heart. You drove away and never looked back.
In my mind, I know that's it's been over for a long, long time. Looking back with a clear head, I realize that it was probably over before it ever started. But my heart can never connect with my head and has always heald out hope. Tomorrow will be the door closing on my heart. When that door closes, I don't know how or if my heart will ever recover.
I cannot wish you luck. I cannot wish you happiness. I cannot wish you a joyous wedding and I cannot wish you a long and happy marriage. I can only wish that I make it through tomorrow and finally begin a new life on Monday.

No comments: